On the Contents bar above: See “Public Events” as well as “Members Info” (in the “Members Area”) which contains all of the news posted on the G1MRA website. News Highlights below!
- Saturday April 20th 2019,
- Running from 10 – 17(running before 13.00 is regarded as tests)
- Official opening at 13.00 where the red ribbon is broken.
- Max height of engine and rolling stock on layout is 180mm.
- Minimum curve radius is 3 meters, transitions curves are used all over. All points are R4,25. All track and points are made by swiss firm Profrom. Stainless steel flatbottom code 220.
- Appointed Track Steward
- Refreshments and food will be available (Danish pancakes, Champagne, Wine, Beer)
- Warm friendly International atmosphere
- Attendence fee:350DK/person. Food and refreshments during the day are included in the attendance fee.
- Dinner at 19.00
- From London Standsted with Ryan Air. Cheap flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. (Price about £20-30 )
- From Amsterdam Schipol with KLM. Flights on Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- From Copenhagen. Flights 2-3 times every hour all week. (takes 30-40 min., lots of cheap flights all week, from 30£ and up)
G1MRA members and invited guests only.
Bring a Tom Barratt loco to run or display. Locos by other makers are equally welcome. At Chelmsford Society of Model Engineers, Meteor Way, CM1 2RL, entrance via far left corner of council car park, 10am until 7pm. Boiler certificates not required but safety valves may be checked for safe operation. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. To help with planning please let Graham Smith, 3274, know if you intend to be there.Read More
Time rolls on. NL&J 262 is now in members hands. The Sales & Wants page is full of lovely goodies!
The next opportunity to advertise is in 263, you can send me your copy to me.
263 should be out in time for the AGM!
My address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday April 20th 2019
You are hereby invited to join us at the International Opening event here at the Hotel Krogen Layout situated in Aalborg in the northern part of Denmark.
Be a part of the “Event of the year”. Enjoy a completely new track with super smooth curves and swiss highspeed points. It cant be better than this!
The Krogen Layout
The layout consist of a oval with 2 ½ track (each track is approx. 40 meters) connected to a folded bone. The folded bone gives a running distance of about 200 meters for each round. So 400 meters before you are back at the starting point. All in all more than 500 meters of track. Typically 2-3 skilled drivers can run at the same time.
The layout is situated in a lovely enclosed garden.
You will surely enjoy seeing your engine running in our calm surroundings!
Contact: David Clement
(G1MRA member 4171)
Mobile: + 45 30 22 33 02 (private)
Please state what type of locomotive (s) you are bringing with you, and if you are bringing any rolling stock.
How to get to the Krogen Layout, Denmark
Information about direct flights to Aalborg Airport (AAL):
The airport is approximately 7.5 km away from the hotel. We can arrange to come and pickup guests. The alternative is a taxi (about £14-20)
Hotel Krogen is a very small hotel (only 12 rooms), but you are very welcome to stay here if we have rooms available. Our prices range from 650 DKK to 1200 DKK.
We can help finding other hotels or “Bed and Breakfast” in the area, and will try to negotiate a good price for you.
You are naturally welcome to stay for more days, than just the GTG. (The track is open for running from the 20th and onwards, but not before.)
Looking forward seeing you here April 20th!
Best Regards on behalf of the Danish G1MRA group
David Clement (4171)
Aksel Clement (2735)
Wouter van Thiel (4114)
The Gauge One Model Railway Association, a company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England and Wales, company number 3325187.
Registered Office. The Laurels, Five Oak Lane, West End, Staplehurst, Kent TN12 OHT